Living in harmony and spreading happiness
At the heart of the Plantation Villa is its founder, Ishara de Silva.
Once a successful London banker, Ishara discovered that the luxuries of city life came with deep unhappiness. When diagnosed with Cancer, she chose to review her options, turning to Ayurveda and spending 3 months in an Ayurveda retreat which ultimately cured her where western medication had failed. She embraced Ayurveda but discovered that most resorts didn’t offer the authentic, holistic healing experience she was after. Her mind and soul were also in need of healing following the traumatic events she had to endure. She spent 6 years searching for and learning about holistic wellbeing and eventually spent time in a Buddhist Monastery learning about happiness and how to be truly happy.
This life changing experience inspired her to return to Sri Lanka and create a place of holistic wellbeing and inner peace; one that provides complete wellness for the body, mind and soul. Plantation Villa embraces the Buddhist teachings of Metta (loving kindness) and was set up with the objective to do good: Good to the customers, the employees, the community and the planet.
Everyday at The Villa, our whole team works very hard to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide a haven, a sanctuary away from the crazy modern world with its endless demands, in an environment so in harmony with its surroundings. Peace and tranquillity in nature to nourish your soul and replenish your body.
- To offer a complete holistic wellbeing experience through vedic principles of Ayurveda through our expert doctors, therapist and natural herbal medicines
- To introduce a lifestyle away from man made toxins and to provide you healthy natural and nutritious food to nourish your body
- To teach you the art of yoga in its authentic form - away from the western adaptation of it of a cardio workout but more the slow, rhythmic and meditative elements to improve your mindfulness
- To introduce you to our concept of ‘Metta’ (Loving Kindness), to truly care for our surroundings: our community and environment. To develop your practice of giving back to society and mother earth and learning how it improves ones health and wellbeing; and
- Most importantly, to care and look after you to the best of our ability to enable you to relax and recover your mind, body and soul
- To train those who are unable to obtain a job and to provide them with a sustainable income source
- To enable and empower our employees to achieve their dreams
- To care for our team and give them a sense of belonging
- To help their next generation for their education and towards a brighter future
- To share our winnings, our gains and losses together. To celebrate our successes and to learn from our failures together as a team
- To reduce poverty and hardships in our community
- To provide them with opportunities to uplift their lives by providing jobs and training
- To lead community development projects to help them towards a more enjoyable life
- To help the schools and temples to enable the institution of society values and education of the next generation
- To create happy moments to relieve them of their frustrations and creation of hope and determination
- To care for our trees, plants and animals around us
- To preserve our natural environment for our future generations
- To protects those plants and animals that our under threat of extinction
- To provide a haven for our trees and animal friends to co-exist with us in harmony